PTF2022 COVID-19 Policy
- The Portland TangoFest is mainly a COVID19 vaccinated dance event, however due to the recent changes in the evolution of the disease, exceptions for those that had COVID-19 and are not vaccinated might apply if they submit a valid negative test the first day of the festival. Documents must be submitted in person at the registration desk.
- We will also be requesting from all participants a negative COVID-19 test before entering the premises of the PTF2022 for the first time. This means that the day of the festival all participants are required to show:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination if you have not submitted it online, together with a valid negative COVID-19 test. The COVID-19 test results must be submitted in person at the PTF2022 registration desk. If you have not signed the waiver online, we will have a printed copy for you to sign when you arrive at the festival.
- If you are not vaccinated or had COVID-19 and are fully recovered from it, your attendance to the PTF2022 is contingent on you submitting a valid proof of a negative COVID-19 test before entering the event for the first time. Documents must be submitted in person at the PTF2022 registration desk.
The acceptable forms of proof of COVID-19 negative test are professionally administered following tests (We will provide COVID-19 testing facilities that are availble in the local area):
- 24 hours antigen test or
- 48 hours PCR test
Submitted test results must list your name matching your identification document, clearly stated result of the test and a timestamp.
- Depending on the state requirements, masks might be mandatory and also recommended. We will update the requirements close to the time of the event.
- If you test COVID-19 positive during the festival you will need to inform us and we kindly ask you to abstain to participate to any more festival events. We will refund you according to the days you will be missing provided that you show us proof of a valid COVID-19 positive test from a professional testing facility.
- If you test positive a couple of days before the beginning of the festival we will provide a full refund for the pass you purchased minus transaction expenses after you show us your positive COVID-19 test.
Please contact us directly or through the website to discuss any extenuating circumstances where you cannot comply with the policy stated.
covid-19 testing centers locations
Locator for centers where to get free testing in Portland OR:
For those who have health insurance, a good option is Curative testing sites (you can also use the below sites list for those uninsured):
Here are just a few options – the link above will show you many more.
1914 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97201
777 NE M L King Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
777 NE M L King Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
Curative recommends that you make an appointment. If you have insurance, they will ask for that and they will bill them. You will need to doublecheck if your insurance will require a copay, deductible, or any amount that they do not cover. Most insurance companies waive any costs they do not cover, but it is best to check with your insurance company. For those who have Medicare, the cost is 100% covered since we are still in a Public Health Emergency (PHE).
For those who do not have health insurance, Rize Laboratories has testing locations in the Portland Metro. They will ask for your Social Security Number and Driver’s License or Government ID#. This is so that they can verify that you truly do not have health insurance. They will bill the HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Program for the cost of testing.
Let us know if you have any question
Frequently Asked Questions
The Portland Tango Festival typically takes place every year on the second week-end of October. However depending on the circumstances it might happen a week before or after this particular weekend. The current dates are reported on the home page of this website.
The Portland Tango Festival is dedicated 100% to authentic Argentine Tango. If you are exclusively looking for international ballroom, North American or other styles of tango, this is not the festival for you.
It is typically Yes, but we are not sure yet. If you are interested in requesting a private class fill in the PRIVATE LESSON form and we will get back to you concerning the availability of the teachers. Note that the teachers arrive on Wednesday evening and they might be available for privates most of the day on Thursday as well.
If you consider yourself a beginner and want to learn the basics of tango, please sign up for our Beg/All Levels Classes. These classes will cover the fundamentals that those relatively new to tango need to dance with confidence, have fun and develop the foundation required for intermediate and advanced levels of dance. The classes are listed as Beg./All Level, rather than simply as Beginning, because intermediate and advanced dancers may also take classes in the fundamentals to continue refining and improving their dance.
The Festival will feature several Portland venues. For details on the events and venues, please see the Venues page.
Registration will open on June 15, 2022.
We are offering an Early Early Bird discount until July 15, an Early Bird discount from then until August 15 and finally an Online discount from the middle of august until the Festival begins. Individual classes and milongas will be on sale at the Festival at full price.
Note: Class sizes are limited to help achieve role balance. At registration you will select the classes you want to attend. Classes will close when they reach capacity.
We encourage you to sign up early to save and have a larger number of available classes to choose from.
Please sign up on our mailing list at the bottom of this page to be notified when pricing information is published.
Yes. Entrance to a single class or a group of individual classes (min 3) may be purchased at the door, as long as the class has not filled up. Entrance to individual milongas may be purchased only at the door.
If you purchase a Festival or Class pass you will be asked to select the classes you wish to attend via a form you will receive few weeks before the beginning of the festival. Your name will be included in the list of attendees for the class you selected. Students that are not in the list will not be allowed to attend the class.
Unfortunately not. We used to have a program for total beginners but this year we decided not to offer it.
However we encourage you to attend one of the classes local teachers are offering every week. You can find more information by visiting the Porlandtango.com website.
Yes, yes and yes. A complete list of vendors is available here.
Yes we do and we deeply care for the safety and well being of all attendees. The code of conduct is posted in the footer that appears on each page of this website. If something is bothering you and you do not feel comfortable do not hesitate to connect with the organizers by sending us a message through this site or during the festival visiting the registration desk.